Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ice Storm 2009



Well, this is a week I will never forget as long as I live. Last Tuesday we had an ice storm hit that was unlike anything I have ever lived through. We kept our power here but a lot of my friends (most everyone I know) lost theirs. So on Tuesday, we invited David, Katie, Hannah, Emily and Goose to spend the night. We had a very fun, fairly uneventful night (with the exception of losing power just short of the pizzas getting cooked-not to worry, the power came back on and we cooked them and ate them up). So, when we woke up on Wednesday, most of our friends still didn't have power. So, we spent a lot of the day convincing several of them to come over to stay until they had power again. So, Wednesday we had David, Katie, Emily, Hannah, Goose, Rebecca and Chester, Gretchen, Jerry, Grayson, Carson, Janson, Jill, Jeff, Kate, Caroline, Marci, Jeff, Rally, Olivia along with the four of us and Gabby and Wags. If you have lost count, that is 22 people and four dogs. We had such a great time hanging out with our friends all week! On Thursday night David and Katie's power came back on as did Gretchen and Jerry's. So they left and Jill and Jeff went to Gretchen and Jerry's. So the Millers stayed with us and Rebecca and Chester stayed. About 8pm, Olivia got sick and thus began the stomach flu. Marci and Adam were next at around midnight. Rebecca got it around 3am. Jeff and I did a lot of laundry and were up taking care of the sick ones! Jack and Maree-Claire got it around 3:00pm on Friday. Friday was a very quiet day at the Kees house. Rebecca's power came back on by Saturday morning. She went home then and the Millers power came back on Saturday night. We are able to laugh at everything now, even the flu is funny now. But, I am so thankful for having such great friends and so thankful that we were all able to stay safe and warm during the GREAT ICE STORM OF 2009! The kids got along so well and I'm not kidding, we had a really good time.

0 comments: